Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Time for a much needed update

Jesse is doing great! He is having a hard time with deployment still, but school and therapy is going good. Speech therapy is tough because as far as I can tell he doesn't like the speech therapist. I can't blame him though since she told us to cut back on Signing Time and well Jesse won't stand to have his beloved Rachel cut out of his days. His speech therapy is Rachel, it's just Rachel and me. He has shown so much improvement since we got the whole Signing Time collection. I'm not going to take that away from him. He loves physical therapy. He spends the whole time in physical therpay laughing and having a blast. School is going good for him. The teacher said he's making progress with a lot of things.

I'm doing pretty good. Just trying to stay busy to keep my occupied for the deployment. Jesse missing his daddy and crying for dada has been really hard on me. I just can't stand it when he's crying and really upset and I know I can't do anything to make him feel better. I'm just glad we have already past our half way point for this deployment. It doesn't help any that Tony can't call that often either. It seems they are always cutting off the phone lines or Tony is working 20 hour days with no days off. It's really rough. I email Tony at least once a day to let him know how we're doing and tell him the new things Jesse is doing. Most of the time I find myself emailing him 2 or 3 times a day. He looks forward to our emails every day so I make sure to keep them heading his way. I also try to send him at least one picture of Jesse a day. I just recently started working on our Down Syndrome Association Buddy Walk comittee. That should take up a lot of time also because I have so many ideas. Currently I'm trying to get Rachel from Signing Time here for the event. I've also been trying to lose weight. So far I've lost 25 pounds since September when Tony left. I am hoping to lose another 20 by the time Tony comes home.

Well, it is after midnight and I am in desperate need of sleep so off to bed I go. So that is about it for now. Time for me to go to bed. I'll post again soon.

No comments: